While school is just around the corner, we still have many weeks left to play in the HOT, HOT summer here. Here are some tips to help you stay cool and healthy while still having fun!!
1. Never forget sun-screening yourself.
2. It is recommended to wear loose-fit clothing, preferably cotton material.
3. Wear a hat or a baseball cap.
4. Drink plenty of liquids all day. It is not recommended to drink soda because the sugars would make you thirstier. Water, fruit drinks, and iced teas are recommended.
5. Limit your outdoor activity in 30-60 minutes at a time. Have water breaks A LOT.
6. Try to do your outdoor activities in the morning before the heat begins or in the evening, when the sunset has begun.
7. Play in the shade, if possible
8. Take time to smell the flowers, chase the butterflies and enjoy the last weeks of summer you have left!!!!